Sagicor Foundation Scholarship Programme
Apply to become a Sagicor Scholar now! See Application Form
The Sagicor Foundation Sagicor Scholar Scholarship Programme is established:
- To highlight and reward academic excellence
- To encourage academic focus and discipline
- To aid deserving students who demonstrate the drive to succeed and contribute to Jamaica’s development
The Scholarship programme, Sagicor Scholar, offers $250,000 in tuition support to over 20 undergraduate students from the following institutions:
- The University of the West Indies (UWI)
- University of Technology (UTECH)
- Northern Caribbean University (NCU)
- University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC)
- Mico University College
- Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Caribbean Maritime Institute (CMI)
Students applying to be a Sagicor Scholar must be fulltime students, with a GPA of 3.0 and above, and demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Students applying must be accepted to pursue fulltime studies and have a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- Applicants must demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Only clients of Sagicor Group Jamaica and its subsidiaries are eligible. Students whose parents are clients will be considered. Team members of Sagicor Group Jamaica are not eligible to apply, instead, Sagicor team members may apply for the Sagicor Foundation Internal Scholarship Plan.
- Scholarships offered are applicable to tuition fees and paid directly to the recipient’s institution.
- Application forms are available here online, at any Sagicor Life, Bank or Investments branch or at the qualifying institutions or universities listed above.
Applicants must submit the following with the application forms:
- The scholarship essay, of no more than 200 words, outlining their education and financial need as well as why the scholarship would address their financial need.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students: Last transcript required.
- 1st year students: Minimum 5 CSEC/CXC/GCE subjects, grades 1 & 2, including Mathematics and English Language.
- Completed application form and supporting documents must be submitted in a single envelope to the Information Desk at any Sagicor Life, Bank and Investments branch island-wide or mailed to the Sagicor Group, Sagicor Foundation Scholarships 2017/18, Group Marketing, 28-48 Barbados Avenue, Kingston 5.