Sagicor Foundation Scholarship Programme
The Sagicor Foundation Sagicor Scholar Scholarship Programme is established:
- To highlight and reward academic excellence
- To encourage academic focus and discipline
- To aid deserving students who demonstrate the drive to succeed and contribute to Jamaica’s development
The Scholarship programme, Sagicor Scholar, offers $250,000 in tuition support to over 20 undergraduate students from the following institutions:
- The University of the West Indies (UWI)
- University of Technology (UTECH)
- Northern Caribbean University (NCU)
- University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC)
- Mico University College
- Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Caribbean Maritime Institute (CMI)
Students applying to be a Sagicor Scholar must be fulltime students, with a GPA of 3.0 and above, and demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- All Sagicor Foundation Scholarship recipients will be required to give at least 20 hours of voluntary service to the Sagicor Foundation activities.
- Students applying must be accepted to pursue fulltime studies and have a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- Applicants must demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Only clients of Sagicor Group Jamaica and its subsidiaries are eligible. Students whose parents are clients will be considered. Team members of Sagicor Group Jamaica are not eligible to apply, instead, Sagicor team members may apply for the Sagicor Foundation Internal Scholarship Plan.
- Scholarships offered are applicable to tuition fees and paid directly to the recipient’s institution.